DALLAS, TEXAS: 214-855-5005

Law Offices of Katrina Anderson

There is no substitute for experience!

facebook logo-blue twitter logo-blue box

Read through our FAQ's


What are your fees?

Our fees vary depending on the nature of the offense and the complexity of the case. Call our office and schedule a FREE consultation. Fees will be established during the initial consultation.


Is there a charge for the initial consultation?

No. Our firm offers a free 30-minute consultation.


Do you offer payment plans?

Yes. Many of our clients are on payment plans. We work with each client to establish a manageable payment schedule.



What should I do when someone I know is arrested?

When someone you know is arrested, you should contact an attorney immediately to protect his / her rights. A good lawyer hired early in the legal process may be able to help in many areas, including bond reductions, dismissals or speedy resolutions.


What should I do if I find out there’s a warrant for my arrest?

If you learn that there is an active warrant for your arrest, you need to take care of this immediately by contacting our firm to prevent an embarrassing arrest at work, home or school.


I've been arrested for a felony. Now what?

You have the right to make a presentation to the Grand Jury in an effort to convince them that the State does not have probable cause to proceed with its case against you. You also have the right to testify in front of the grand jury, but this is a dangerous option that we rarely recommend it. What we normally do is a Grand Jury packet, which is essentially a letter to the jurors explaining the facts of your case and why the State does not have enough evidence to continue its case against you.


It is often helpful to include affidavits, medical records, photographs and other pieces of evidence in the Grand Jury packet. The effect of a Grand Jury packet is powerful because if the jurors return a “no bill” (meaning they choose not to indict you), your case is over and you can file for an expunction of the charges. This means you will never be in the position of negotiating with a prosecutor and weighing a plea-bargain offer against the risk of going to trial.


Remember, the Grand Jury packet can only be done by an attorney before your case has been indicted. This is just another reason why it is always best to hire an attorney to start fighting for you immediately.



How do I get arrests off my record?

Having an arrest record often causes problems for people as they try to get jobs, get into schools or the military, or even find an apartment. Some arrests can be “expunged” from your record. For example, this is an option when your case is dismissed or when you are found Not Guilty at trial.


Sometimes the State simply agrees with our expunction request, but sometimes we must have a contested hearing in front of a district court judge. Many lawyers shy away from having these hearings, but we have found judges to be fair when it comes to citizens being falsely accused. Once an expunction order is signed by the judge, all agencies that have any evidence you were ever charged with that crime are ordered by the court to destroy the records related to your arrest. This includes the police agency, the sheriff’s department, the district attorney’s office and even private agencies like publicdata.com.


Can I get convictions off my record?

No. A conviction will always remain on your record. This is why it is so important to hire the right lawyer at the beginning of your case, so that they can do everything possible to prevent a conviction. It is not unusual for someone to come to us after being off probation for years and ask us if we can expunge their record. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for them because their original attorney’s work cannot be undone.


What does it mean to “seal” my record?

There are some instances where Texas law allows you to “seal” your record even if you do not qualify for an expunction. For example, if you plead no contest to a charge and successfully complete deferred adjudication probation, you can get your record sealed in most cases.


This is different from an expunction, because the charges remain on your record but can only be viewed by certain individuals. This includes government agencies such as police and prosecutors as well as private employers with security clearance. However, most prospective employers and others will not be able to see the charge if they do a background check.



CPS has accused me of child abuse or neglect. What should I do?

Texas Child Protective Services (CPS) may tend to “take the child first and ask questions later” following an allegation of abuse or inappropriate conditions in the home. Please contact our firm before speaking with any CPS representative or going to court to answer the allegations against you.



My child has been accused of a crime. What’s next?

Whether your child is in detention or not, you need a lawyer who understands that the future of your child is at stake. The justice system for juveniles is different from that for adults, and it is extremely important to have an attorney who is familiar with the juvenile justice system on your side. Our firm has years of experience dealing with the juvenile justice system.





We answer our phones 7 days a week!

Call us now if you have any questions.


cta 189924scr_b85a8a3ca829c73